There is often news about accidents happening in the construction sites because the supervisor was asleep in the afternoon or because the crane driver fell asleep during the lunch break. This seems to be a small issue but it can actually be dangerous. Dozing off while in work can lead to serious consequences. This is because it shows signs of excessive sleeping disorders. It is however treatable and can be done using smart pills like Modafinil. These smart pills can be easily brought from any pharmacies both online and offline.
What is a smart pill?
These are pills that are eugeroic in nature I.e. they promote wakefulness. Smart pills help in giving a boost to the brain to concentrate more. They just do not make you smart but help in providing with patience and concentration which later due to hard work can make you smart. These pills do not take place of getting enough sleep and so should not be taken by normal people who do not have any kind of sleeping disorders.
When do I have to take smart pills?
Smart pills are often prescribed for people having sleeping disorders like narcolepsy, sleep apnea, and shift work sleep disorder. About 1 in 2000 people suffer from narcolepsy which is characterized by people having excessive sleeplessness, hallucination, sleep paralysis, insomnia etc. Around 20 million US populations are suffering from Sleep apnea when the breathing starts and stops at intervals. Shift work sleep disorder is faced by every person who has worked on night shifts. It is not that these people do not sleep at night. But the problem lies in the fact that whenever they sleep their mind remains awake making them feel sleepy when they wake up. Such people sometimes try to fight their sleepiness and later face health problems in the day.
What is Modafinil?
Modafinil is a kind of smart pill. In fact, it is the first smart pill to be launched in the market after getting approval from the FDI. It has all the characters in a smart pill and can keep you active throughout the day. Modafinil is the generic form of the drug and is sold under various brand names. One of the best known Modafinil brands is Hab Pharma Modafinil, Modvigil.
How do I take Modafinil?
Modafinil is actually a prescribed drug and needs to be taken only after consulting a doctor. The usual dosage is to take Modafinil 200mg once in a day. In the case of elderly people, the dosage can be lowered to 100mg a day. This pill can be taken with or without food.
In case of treating shift work sleep disorder, take the pill 1 hour prior to your commencement of work.
Is there any side effects?
Modafinil does not show much side effect. In case you notice any kind of change in the body, contact your doctor as soon as possible. Some of the known side effects are:
- allergic reactions like swelling of lips or tongue, rashes etc.
- anxiety and breathing problems
- chest pain
- steady heartbeat
- blurred vision or dizziness
If there is any case of a drug overdose, contact your doctor as soon as possible.
What precautions should I take?
- Modafinil drug is not given to people below the age of 18.
- This drug is not for heart, liver and kidney patients. It is better to consult a doctor before taking this pill.
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers should not take Modafinil without consulting their doctors.
- Tell your doctor if you have any kind of allergies. Also, inform him about your medical history as well as about any medications you are undergoing. This can save you from any kind of drug interactions.
- Modafinil reacts with nitrate products and caffeine products.
- Never take Modafinil along with Provigil or Armodafinil. These are a similar kind of drugs and taking it simultaneously can lead to an issue of a drug overdose.