Our brain works like a computer. It needs rest just like machines do. If we go on working all the time, our brain as well as our body gets tired. A little bit of rest will be of great help. But what if you had rest but still feel sleepy and what if it happens all the time. This is a serious issue and you need to see a doctor. This can be cured by using Modafinil, a smart pill easily available in the pharmacies both online and offline.
Modafinil is used for reducing various kinds of sleep disorder. This might include narcolepsy, a disorder that can be characterized by excessive sleepiness, sleep paralysis, hallucination etc; sleep apnea that is a disorder characterized by repeatedly pause in breathing while in sleep and shift work sleep disorder that happens to people working in night shifts.
What is Modafinil?
The Modafinil drug is of 200mg and is said to have very less side effect. This medication does not actually cure sleep disorders. This drug is not a replacement of getting enough sleep. It should not be used to treat any kind of tiredness or to hold off sleep in normal people. This is a prescribed drug that can improve narcolepsy and help in taking the right decisions by reducing the brain impulse.
Is Modafinil a smart pill?
Modafinil is a smart pill. It is not because it can make you smart, but because it can help in giving your brain and body a boost to work more so that you can concentrate more. This helps in becoming smarter. Alertec, Alertex, Altasomil, Aspendos, Forcilin, Intensit, Mentix, Modafinil, Modafinilo, Modalert, Modanil, Modasomil, Modvigil, Modiodal, Modiwake, Movigil, Provigil, Resotyl, Stavigile, Vigia, Vigicer, Vigil, Vigimax, Wakelert etc are different brand names of this drug. It has been approved by the U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1988 as a smart pill.
How should I take Modafinil?
- Never take Modafinil without consulting a doctor.
- For treating narcolepsy and sleep apnea, Modafinil 200mg once a day, preferably in the morning. You can take it with or without food. The doctor might advise you to take 100mg of Modafinil twice a day.
- Elderly people i.e. people above the age of 65 years should take 100 mg of this drug daily. Divide the into a dose of 50 mg each and take it twice a day.
- This pill is for oral consumption only.
- Overdose of this drug can be a serious issue. Keeping a track of your pills is a good formula and contact your doctor in case of emergency.
What are the side effects of this medicine?
Modafinil has very less amount of side effects. If you notice any change in your body, contact your doctor as soon as possible.
- allergic reactions like swelling of lips or tongue, rashes etc.
- chest pain
- steady heartbeat
- blurred vision or dizziness
- dry mouth
- mood swings etc.
What precautions should I take?
- Modafinil drug is for people above 18 years of age.
- If you are allergic to drugs like Armodafinil, do not take Modafinil 200 mg. After consumption, if you notice any kind of difference in your skin, like rashes, leave the medicine and contact your doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible.
- Never take alcohol along with Modafinil. Their effects might lead to be contradictory and cause serious consequences.
- Do not take this medicine if you are an expecting or breastfeeding mother.
- Drug interactions might cause harmful results. Telling your doctor know about your medical history can save your life. It is important to tell your doctor about your allergies (if any).
- Caffeine increases the side effects of this medicine. Avoid drinking large amounts of beverages containing caffeine (coffee, tea, cold drinks etc.), dark chocolates, or taking any nonprescription products that contain caffeine.
- The Modafinil drug is similar to another smart pill Armodafinil. Taking medications containing both of these products can lead to an overdose.